Interested in Private Lessons?
How Lessons Work
We offer in person lessons and high quality virtual lessons that are enhanced with custom made home-study mp3s and/or videos.
Generally. lessons are 30 minutes in length and are taken once per week. We are able to accommodate longer more frequent lessons as well. Need some flexibility? We are offering 5-packs of lessons. We recommend that lessons be taken in succession but if this doesn't work for you, we offer flexibility for the busy singer.
Our in person lessons take place at our Kamloops Studio located in Sahali. This is a popular option for anyone wanting full immersion with gentle and attentive in-person one-on-one guidance.
You can also take virtual lessons from anywhere in the world right in the comfort of your own home. These lessons are done via Zoom. Stable internet is a requirement for this option.
As an added bonus, we create custom videos and mp3s to enhance your learning. The content of the videos and mp3s supplement your lessons and provide a fool proof way for students to continue to practice between lessons. Interested in theory or Sight-singing? We teach that too.
Ready to get started?
The fee structure for lessons is as follows:
- For a one off single lesson, the fee is $65 per half hour or $120 per hour.
- Monthly lessons are paid at the beginning of the month. Fees are $28 for 30 minute lessons. There is a yearly $50 registration fee for students. This fee covers all administration fees, lesson materials including workbooks and recital costs.
- Want to try a few lessons? Too busy to commit to weekly lessons? You can purchase 5-Packs of lessons. A 5-pack of 30 minute lessons is $170 and does not expire for 1 year. There is a yearly $50 registration fee for students.
- Payment: We accept credit card or etransfers.
- Lesson fees are due in advance of your monthly lessons and/or on the first of the month. All trial pack payments are due in advance of the first lesson.
- Lesson fees not made by the 1st of the month will result in your lessons being paused until lesson fees are received. If lesson fees are not received 2 days after the due date, your time slot will be opened up to new students waiting on the wait list.
LATE FOR YOUR LESSON
- If you are more than 10 minutes late to your lesson, your lesson is forfeited.
- Students are permitted to reschedule a lesson with a minimum of 48hrs notice depending on lesson availability. If 48 hours notice isn't given, the lesson will be forfeited.
- If you must miss several consecutive lessons due to family emergency or vacation, please let your instructor know as soon as possible and we will make every possible effort to work around your schedule.
- Students who cancel a lesson giving 48 hours notice are eligible for a make-up lesson at a mutually convenient time for both the student and teacher. If a student and teacher cannot agree on a mutually convenient time for the makeup lesson, the student will forfeit the lesson.
- Makeups will be limited to twice per semester. Semesters are September to January and February to June. If a student exceeds their allowable makeup lesson quota, a Zoom singing lesson will be offered. If the student is unable to sing, a Zoom theory lesson will be offered. If neither of these options are suitable, a custom video lesson will be created and sent to the student to view at their leisure.
- Students who need to reschedule a previously rescheduled lesson will forfeit the lesson.
- There are no makeup lessons given for holiday closures.
- Makeup credits expire after 30 days.
REQUESTING A ZOOM LESSON
- From time to time in-person students may need to switch their lessons to Zoom. We require at least 2 hours notice to accommodate this request.
- Occasionally it may be necessary for an instructor to cancel a lesson. If your instructor cancels a lesson, a makeup lesson will be given.
WITHDRAWING FROM LESSONS
- It is expected that students will remain in lessons until the end of the semester. If this isn't possible, we ask that you give 30 days notice. Failure to give 30 days notice will result in being charged for lessons for the following month.